Advanced Diploma In Tourism & Hospitality Management
(Awarded By Nanyang Institute of Management)
School of Tourism & Hospitality
- To develop in-depth understanding of the roles of human resource professional, management and leadership roles of an effective hospitality leaders.
- Acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to lead and manage hospitality organization/operations.
- Gained understanding and awareness of legal, quality and safety issues relating to the management of tourism and hospitality organization.
- Understanding the management of accounting and financial aspects in the tourism and hospitality industry.
- Understanding the importance of marketing in the context of tourism and hospitality industry
- Ability to organize, manage leading to execution of an event.
SAMPLE COURSE PLAN
DELIVERY ASSESSMENTS & AWARDS
This course is delivered in Singapore at Nanyang Institute of Management through a combination of Lecture, tutorials, discussions, case studies and practical classes.
Combination of written assignment, presentation, class tests, and examinations.
Upon successful completion of all 16 modules and Integrated Project / Industrial Attachment, the student will be awarded the Advanced Diploma in Tourism & Hospitality Management by Nanyang Institute of Management.
POTENTIAL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates may choose to pursue a future(but not limited to) in these department/industries.
- HR Recruitment and Performance
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality
- Tourism Operations Management
- Global Distribution System (Amadeus)
- Hospitality Operations Management 1
- Hotel Operations Management Applications (Opera)
- Food and Beverage Management 1
- Service Quality Management
- Integrated Project – Industrial Attachment
- Event Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Marketing
- HR Management and Leadership
- Business Research
- Hospitality Operations – Management 2
- Hospitality Accounting and Finance
- Legal Quality Assurance and Safety
For detailed information on modules, please click here.
- Duration: 12 months + 6 months Integrated project / Industrial attachment (Full-time) or 24 months + 6 months Integrated project / Industrial attachment (Part-time)
- Average Teacher-Student Ratio: 1 : 30
- 2 GCE A Level or formal Year-12 education or IB Diploma; OR Polytechnic diploma in relevant areas of Tourism and Hospitality; OR NIM Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum English Language proficiency requirements are required to sit and pass the NIM English Proficiency Test
- Applicants should be at least 17 years of age at the time of application.
Fees for Fee Protection Scheme
Fees for Medical Insurance Scheme
Total Fee (Excluding 8% GST)
Total Fee (Including 8% GST)
Other Mandatory Fees
Singaporeans or PR Students
Application Fee: $108.00
Application Fee: $432.00
- The validity period of fees: With effect from 01 January 2023.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore dollars.
- The information above is accurate at the time of publishing.
- For more information on other fees and matters related to payments, please click here.