ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING
(Awarded By Nanyang Institute of Management)
School of Engineering
The course comprises the below modules with an industrial attachment / integrated project.
- Keep abreast with the current construction technology in the industry;
- Perform and supervise the construction works on site effectively;
- Plan and schedule construction works effectively to achieve high productivity and minimise delay;
- Perform designs for steel, reinforced concrete, pre-cast and pre-stressed concrete structures;
- Manage the safety aspects of construction; and
- Apply supervisory, managerial and financial know-how for a construction business
Topics range from engineering concepts, construction methods and technology, facilities management principles, managerial know-how and building concepts.
SAMPLE COURSE PLAN
DELIVERY ASSESSMENTS & AWARDS
This course is entirely delivered in Singapore. Students will have access to local qualified lecturers and academic resources provided by Nanyang Institute of Management.
There will be a combination of lectures, tutorials, site visits, workshops, seminars and presentations. Students may also be given additional work to complete outside of scheduled classes. Resources and materials provided for students include lecture notes and references for further reading in books, publications, articles and websites.
Assessment of modules comprises assessable coursework and a final written examination. The assessable coursework may include tests, practical assignments, research projects and/or tutorial participation.
Upon passing all modules and an industrial attachment / integrated project, students will be awarded the Nanyang Institute of Management Advanced Diploma in Construction Engineering.
POTENTIAL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates may choose to pursue a future(but not limited to) in these department/industries.
- Construction Safety
- Civil and Construction Engineering Materials
- Building Services
- Earth Systems
- Construction Management Systems
- Construction Project Management
- Technical Drawings &Structural Detailing
- Structural Analysis
- Structural Mechanics
- Reinforced Concrete Design
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Transportation Engineering and Design
- Sustainable Engineering Practice
- Industrial Attachment*/Integrated Project
For detailed information on modules, please click here.
- Duration: 18 months + 6 months Integrated project / Industrial attachment (Full-time) | 30 months + 6 months Integrated project / Industrial attachment (Part-time)
- Average Teacher-Student Ratio: 1 : 30
- 2 GCE A Level or formal Year-12 education (with Credit-Pass in Mathematics) or IB Diploma; or Polytechnic Diploma in relevant areas of Construction and/or Civil Engineering
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum English Language proficiency requirements are required to sit and pass the NIM English Proficiency Test
- Applicants should be at least 17 years of age at the time of application.
Fees for Fee Protection Scheme
Fees for Medical Insurance Scheme
Total Fee (Excluding 7% GST)
Total Fee (Including 7% GST)
Other Mandatory Fees
Application Fee: $107.00
Application Fee: $428.00
- The validity period of fees: With effect from 01 June 2022.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore dollars.
- The information above is accurate at the time of publishing.
- For more information on other fees and matters related to payments, please click here.