ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN BUILT ENVIRONMENT ENGINEERING
(Awarded By Nanyang Institute of Management)
School of Engineering
At the end of the programme, students can apply ample mythology and ideology to:
- Understand the principles of the built environment, learning the fundamentals of construction sustainability, project development, construction materials and site operations.
- Undertake an in-depth study of core construction business areas including estimating, tendering, planning and procurement, with a strong focus on ICT applications in the built environment.
- Learn how to manage environmental issues and human activities in urban and regional planning practices. You’ll develop specialist knowledge and skills in the areas of land use and environmental planning and professional and ethical planning practice.
- Grow your professional skills through an industry attachment or an integrated project.
SAMPLE COURSE PLAN
DELIVERY ASSESSMENTS & AWARDS
This course is entirely delivered in Singapore. Students will have access to local qualified lecturers and academic resources provided by Nanyang Institute of Management.
There will be a combination of lectures, tutorials, site visits, workshops, seminars and presentations. Students may also be given additional work to complete outside of scheduled classes. Resources and materials provided for students include lecture notes and references for further reading in books, publications, articles and websites.
Assessment of modules comprises assessable coursework and a final written examination. The assessable coursework may include tests, practical assignments, research projects and/or tutorial participation.
Upon passing all modules and an industrial attachment / integrated project, students will be awarded the Nanyang Institute of Management Advanced Diploma in Built Environment Engineering.
POTENTIAL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates may choose to pursue a future(but not limited to) in these department/industries.
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Intelligent Systems for Building
- Engineering Materials
- Soil Mechanics
- Construction Management
- Project Management & Global Sustainability
- Structural Engineering Drafting
- Structural Analysis
- Applied Mechanics
- Structural Design
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Urban Planning & Design
- Green Sustainability Engineering
- Data Analysis for Built Environment
- Industrial Attachment / Integrated Project
For detailed information on modules, please click here.
- Duration: 18 months + 6 months Integrated project / Industrial attachment (Full-time) | 30 months + 6 months Integrated project / Industrial attachment (Part-time)
- Average Teacher-Student Ratio: 1 : 30
- Candidates must be at least 17 years of age at the time of application.
- 2 GCE A Level or formal Year-12 education (with Credit-Pass in Mathematics) or IB Diploma; or Polytechnic Diploma in relevant areas of Construction and/or Civil Engineering
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Applicants who do not have the minimum English Language proficiency requirements are required to sit and pass the NIM English Proficiency Test
Fees for Fee Protection Scheme
Fees for Medical Insurance Scheme
Total Fee (Excluding 7% GST)
Total Fee (Including 7% GST)
Other Mandatory Fees
Application Fee: $107.00
Application Fee: $428.00
- The validity period of fees: With effect from 01 June 2022.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore dollars.
- The information above is accurate at the time of publishing.
- For more information on other fees and matters related to payments, please click here.