Professional Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education
(Awarded By Nanyang Institute of Management)
School of Early Childhood Education
- Plan, implement and evaluate a stimulating multicultural education curriculum for young children;
- Design a stimulating environment to support the multicultural education curriculum for young children;
- Plan, implement and evaluate curriculum for young children;
- Apply interpersonal skills to work effectively with children, parents, colleagues and the community.
DELIVERY ASSESSMENTS & AWARDS
Note: The course has not been accredited by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA), the effect of which is that the course will not be recognised as a professional qualification required for the registration of pre-school teachers in Singapore. This condition will be in effect until such time that the PEI provides evidence to CPE that the course has been officially accredited by ECDA.
POTENTIAL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Child Development
- Observation, Assessment and Evaluation
- Classroom Management and Positive Guidance
- Creative Approaches to Caring and Learning of Young Children
- Safety, Health, Hygiene and Nutrition
- Working with Families, Communities and Agencies
For detailed information on modules, please click here.
Duration: 6 months for Full-time studies | 12 months for Part-time studies
Average Teacher-Student Ratio: 1 : 30
- Obtained at least a C6 pass at Cambridge O-level in any one subject, or
- Obtained at least a D pass at IGCSE in any one subject, or
- For matured candidate who is at least 25 years old with at least 5 years of working experience.
- Obtained at least C6 in English Language or IELTS 5.0 or its equivalent.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum English Language proficiency requirements are required to sit and pass the NIM English Proficiency Test.