INTERNATIONAL ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (MANDARIN)
(Awarded By Nanyang Institute of Management)
School of Early Childhood Education
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- gain knowledge of how children learn and develop;
- establish effective pedagogical and practice skills in early childhood education;
- develop new ideas and know-how in teaching basic and introductory phonics lessons in the early childhood setting; and
- understand the issues and challenges of the early childhood professional.
SAMPLE COURSE PLAN
DELIVERY ASSESSMENTS & AWARDS
This course is wholly delivered in Singapore. Students will have access to local lecturers and resources provided by Nanyang Institute of Management.
Students in their learning will go through different modes of instruction. These include classroom lectures using PowerPoint slides, lecture handouts, group discussions and presentations, individual reflections, role play, classroom exploration, inquiry and pedagogical exercises, and the use of information communication technologies.
The assessment comprises of coursework and written examination. The coursework may include written essay, reflective journals, report writing, compilation of resource file, case study, presentation and group projects etc.
Upon successful completion of all modules, the student will be awarded the International Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Education (Mandarin) by Nanyang Institute of Management.
Note: The course has not been accredited by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA), the effect of which is that the course will not be recognised as a professional qualification required for the registration of pre-school teachers in Singapore. This condition will be in effect until such time that the PEI provides evidence to CPE that the course has been officially accredited by ECDA.
POTENTIAL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates may choose to pursue a future(but not limited to) in these department/industries.
The course comprises the following modules.
- Philosophy, History and Tenets / 哲学, 历史及原则
- Human Growth and Development of Young Children / 幼儿成长与发展
- Early Childhood Special Needs / 幼儿特殊需求
- Observation & Planning, Implementation Assessment and Evaluation / 观察和计划, 教学与评估概论
- Understand Children Play and Development / 理解幼儿的游戏与发展
- Safety Health Hygiene and Nutrition / 安全, 健康, 卫生及营养
- Arts as Meaning Making in Early Childhood / 艺术在幼儿时期的意义
- Science in Early Childhood / 学前教育科学
- Language Literacy & Numeracy / 语言素养
- Programme Planning / 课程规划
- Promoting Positive Behaviours / 促进正面行为
- Designing Environment for Young Children / 幼儿环境设计
- Educators in Effective Partnership with Families and the Community / 教育者与家庭和社区有效合作
- English Language in Education / 教学英语
- Supervised Teaching Practices – Project One & Two / 监督的教学实践-项目一和二
For detailed information on modules, please click here
- Duration: 18 months (Full-time) Total hours for this course is 770 hours, inclusive of classroom observation projects
- Average Teacher-Student Ratio: 1 : 30
- Candidates must be at least 17 years of age at the time of application.
- Candidates must have minimum of 10 years of formal education and passed in equivalence of GCE ‘O’ Level Credits in 3 different subjects including a credit of at least C6 in Mandarin Language or its equivalent.
Fees for Fee Protection Scheme
Fees for Medical Insurance Scheme
Total Fee (Excluding 8% GST)
Total Fee (Including 8% GST)
Other Mandatory Fees
Singaporeans or PR Students
Application Fee: $108.00
Application Fee: $432.00
*All fees quoted are in Singapore dollars.
For more information on other fees and matters related to payments, please click here.