BACHELOR OF ARTS (HONOURS) IN INTERNATIONAL TOURISM & HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT (TOP-UP)
(Awarded By York St John University)
School of Tourism & Hospitality
- Evaluate and analyse the size, scope, culture, nature and diversity of the global hospitality industry
- Adapt their leadership and management style for the development of hospitality operations and organisations within a range of dynamic sectors
- Create innovative, entrepreneurial and technological solutions to a range of complex issues in the hospitality industry
- Prepare, respond and react to both anticipated and unanticipated environmental and organisational change
- Stop, reflect and consider their own continuing self-development and career enhancement
- Initiate, plan, design, research and sustain an extended piece of independent intellectual work
SAMPLE COURSE PLAN
DELIVERY ASSESSMENTS & AWARDS
This course is wholly delivered in Singapore. Students will have access to local lecturers and resources provided by Nanyang Institute of Management. There will be a combination of lectures, tutorials, workshops, seminars and presentations. Students may also be given additional work to complete outside of scheduled classes. Resources and materials provided for students will include lecture notes and references for further reading in books, publication, articles and websites.
Combination of coursework and written examinations. The coursework may include individual report, reflective assignment/log, presentation, individual assignment, group presentation, group discussion, portfolio, case study, and/or group project.
(Awarded by York St John University)
Bachelor Degree with Honours in International Tourism and Hospitality Management
The award of Bachelor degree with honours is dependent upon students having made a serious attempt at 120 credits and having been awarded at least 100 credits and having passed the compulsory for award modules* denoted above.
Bachelor Degree with Honours in Business Management
The award of Bachelor degree with honours is dependent upon students having made a serious attempt at 120 credits and having been awarded at least 100 credits but having failed to pass one of the compulsory for award modules* denoted above.
Ordinary Degree of Bachelor in International Tourism and Hospitality Management
The award of Ordinary degree of Bachelor is dependent upon students having made a serious attempt at all modules on the programme and having been awarded at least 60 credits.
POTENTIAL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates may choose to pursue a future(but not limited to) in these department/industries.
- Organisational Strategy and Decision Making (20 credits)
- Introduction to Business Research (20 credits)
- Applied Business Research (20 credits)
- Responsible Tourism* (20 credits)
- Tourism Policy and Planning* (20 credits)
- Contemporary Issues in Hospitality Management* (20 credits)
*Compulsory Modules for Award (Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in International Tourism & Hospitality Management).
For detailed information on modules, please click here.
- Duration: 12 months (Full time) or 24 months (Part time)
- Average Teacher-Student Ratio: 1 : 50
- Polytechnic Diploma in any Tourism and/or Hospitality Management related disciplines; OR
- 2 GCE A Level/ formal Year-12 education/ IB Diploma and NIM Advanced Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum English Language proficiency requirements are required to sit and pass the NIM English Proficiency Test
- Applicants should be at least 19 years of age at the time of application.
Fees for Fee Protection Scheme
Fees for Medical Insurance Scheme
Total Fee (Excluding 7% GST)
Total Fee (Including 7% GST)
Other Mandatory Fees
Application Fee: $107.00
Application Fee: $428.00
- The validity period of fees: With effect from 01 June 2022.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore dollars.
- The information above is accurate at the time of publishing.
- For more information on other fees and matters related to payments, please click here.