Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
in Business management (Top-Up)
(Awarded By York St John University)
School of Business
- Prepare for a career in a rapidly changing business and social environment with the skills needed to adapt and develop as the environment changes;
- Provide a challenging, integrated programme of study that equips you with a sound general knowledge of organisations, their management and the global environments in which they operate, within the context of the guiding Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME);
- Provide a vocationally relevant degree with professional recognition;
- Provide you with the opportunity to focus on particular aspects of management relevant to their backgrounds, interests and career aspirations through a choice of final independent research activity;
- Facilitate the development and demonstration of your intellectual skills of information-processing, analysis, synthesis, critical appraisal, creativity and innovation and the ability to manage and make decisions in situations of ambiguity and uncertainty;
- Enable you to develop business and management competences and research skills to enhance employability and support career advancement;
- Enable you to be a graduate who is able to improve the quality of management decision-making, leadership and business practice across a range of organisations and in a variety of contexts.
SAMPLE COURSE PLAN
DELIVERY ASSESSMENTS & AWARDS
This course is wholly delivered in Singapore. Students will have access to local lecturers and resources provided by Nanyang Institute of Management. There will be a combination of lectures, tutorials, workshops, seminars and presentations. Students may also be given additional work to complete outside of scheduled classes. Resources and materials provided for students will include lecture notes and references for further reading in books, publication, articles and websites.
Combination of coursework and written examinations
The coursework may include individual report, reflective assignment/log, presentation, individual assignment, group presentation, group discussion, portfolio, case study, and/or group project.
Upon passing all 6 modules, a student will be awarded the York St John University’s Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Business Management.
POTENTIAL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates may choose to pursue a future(but not limited to) in these department/industries.
Modules (Effective from 30 October 2023)
- Operations and Project Management
- Developing Organisational Strategy in the Digital Age
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Strategic Leadership for Innovation and Change
- Research Investigation
- Organisational Strategy and Decision Making
- Strategic HRM
- International Marketing
- Strategic Corporate Finance
- Introduction to Business Research
- Applied Business Research
For detailed information on modules, please click here.
- Duration: 12 months (Full-time) or 24 months (Part-time)
- Average Teacher-Student Ratio: 1 : 50
- Polytechnic Diploma in any Business and/or Management related disciplines; OR
- 2 GCE A Level or formal Year-12 education or IB Diploma AND NIM Advanced Diploma in Management; OR
- 2 GCE A LEVEL or formal Year-12 education or IB Diploma AND NIM Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum English Language proficiency requirements are required to sit and pass the NIM English Proficiency Test.
- Applicants should be at least 19 years of age at the time of application.
Fees for Fee Protection Scheme
Fees for Medical Insurance Scheme
Total Fee (Excluding 8% GST)
Total Fee (Including 8% GST)
Other Mandatory Fees
Singaporeans or PR Students
Application Fee: $108.00
Application Fee: $432.00
- The validity period of fees: With effect from 01 January 2023.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore dollars.
- The information above is accurate at the time of publishing.
- For more information on other fees and matters related to payments, please click here.