Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Business Management
(Awarded By York St John University)
School of Business
This bachelor programme focuses on the management of organisations which provide you with the knowledge and skills you will need as a manager. This includes management of people, resources and business activities.
SAMPLE COURSE PLAN
DELIVERY ASSESSMENTS & AWARDS
This course is wholly delivered in Singapore. Students will have access to local lecturers and resources provided by Nanyang Institute of Management. There will be a combination of lectures, tutorials, workshops, seminars and presentations. Students may also be given additional work to complete outside of scheduled classes. Resources and materials provided for students will include lecture notes and references for further reading in books, publication, articles and websites.
Combination of coursework and written examinations
The coursework may include individual report, reflective assignment/log, presentation, individual assignment, group presentation, group discussion, portfolio, case study, and/or group project.
Upon passing all 18 modules, a student will be awarded the York St John University’s Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Business Management.
POTENTIAL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates may choose to pursue a future(but not limited to) in these department/industries.
Modules (Effective from 4 September 2023)
- Practising Responsible Business Behaviours
- Organisational Behaviour in a Digital Age
- Entrepreneurship and the Business Environment
- Business Analytics and the Block Chain
- Managing Business Resources
- Understanding Customers and Markets
- Management Practice in Disruptive Times
- Financial Analysis and Application
- Managing Diversity and Inclusion in the Technological Revolution
- Management Research Methods
- Business, Creativity and Opportunism Skills for the Workplace of Today
- Leading and Developing High Performing People
- Research Investigation
- Operations and Project Management
- Developing Organisational Strategy in the Digital World
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Strategic Leadership for Innovation and Change
- Technological Issues in Digital Era
- Ethics, Scandal and Business Decisions
- Responsible Business
- Managing Employee Performance
- Ventures in Entrepreneurship
- Business Operations
- Management and Leadership
- Research Methods and Project Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- People Management
- Managing Finance
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Developing a Business Research Project
- Business Research Project
- Organisational Strategy & Decision Making
- Leadership Innovation and Change
- International Marketing
For detailed information on modules, please click here.
- Duration: 36 months (Full-time) or 72 months (Part-time)
- Average Teacher-Student Ratio: 1 : 30
- Polytechnic Diploma in any Business and/or Management related disciplines; OR
- 2 GCE A Level or formal Year-12 education or IB Diploma or NIM Advanced Diploma in Management
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum English Language proficiency requirements are required to sit and pass the NIM English Proficiency Test.
- Applicants should be at least 17 years of age at the time of application.
- Requirements for mature candidates is a minimum age of 30 with 8 years of professional experience.
Fees for Fee Protection Scheme
Fees for Medical Insurance Scheme
Total Fee (Excluding 8% GST)
Total Fee (Including 8% GST)
Other Mandatory Fees
Singaporeans or PR Students
Application Fee: $108.00
Application Fee: $432.00
- The validity period of fees: With effect from 01 January 2023.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore dollars.
- The information above is accurate at the time of publishing.
- For more information on other fees and matters related to payments, please click here.