Founded in 1824 with 190 years of teaching experience; Leeds Beckett University (LBU) is one of the most popular universities in the UK with more than 29,000 students studying a Leeds Beckett University qualification in the UK or overseas.
- LBU is ranked 1st in the UK in a survey of international students for size of classes and assessment, and 1st in the UK and 4th in the world for personal tutors (out of 53 universities) (Source: International Student Barometer Autumn Wave 2013).
- Its alumni community stays in touch with the university, to inspire the next generation of graduates; nine out of ten (94.1%) of whom were in work or further study six months after graduating (Source: HESA Performance Indicator 2013/14).
- Leeds Beckett was ranked first in the world for technology, with 94.6% satisfaction, and second in the world for virtual learning, with 95.6% satisfaction. Online library was ranked 7th in the UK.
- 94.1% of all our graduates are in work or further study six months after graduating. (Source: Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey 2013/14.)
University of the West of Scotland (UWS) is one of Scotland’s most innovative modern universities. With four campuses across the west and south-west of Scotland in Ayr, Dumfries, Hamilton, Paisley and a fifth campus in London; the University occupies an integral position within Scotland’s proud tradition of excellence in education.
Offering career focused and vocationally relevant provision, UWS graduates are equipped with the relevant skills to make an immediate contribution to industry, business, third sector organizations and the public.
- 90% OF UWS Postgraduate Students Said They Would Recommend Us To Friends (Source: Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2014)
- UWS is an international, innovative and inclusive institution with around 16,000 students, including 1393 international students from around 70 countries. (Source: www.uws.ac.uk/international-students/)
- Awarded highest rating possible for Quality and Standards in 2014 Enhancement-Led Institutional Review by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). The QAA noted that it has complete confidence in the effectiveness of UWS’s management of academic standards, and of the assurance and enhancement of the student learning experience, both currently and in the future. Very positive comments were given for student welfare processes, quality assurance and the overall development of UWS. (Source: www.qaa.ac.uk/reviews-and-reports/provider?UKPRN=10007800#.VzU5lFV97IU)
- Ranked in the Top 100 in the UK for Research (Source: The Complete University Guide 2016)
- “The University is one of Scotland’s most vocational higher education institutions, boasting strong links with industrial and commercial partners.” – Guardian University Guide 2014
Originally founded on 17th May 1841 (York Diocesan Training School) – in 2016 York St John celebrated its 175th anniversary as one of the oldest institutions in the UK.
- Over 30% of our research was ranked as world-leading and internationally excellent in the most recent national Research Assessment Excellence (RAE)
- 94% of graduates are in full time employment or further study within 6 months of graduating
- York St John is one of only two UK Universities to be awarded the Social Enterprise Gold Mark Holderfor Business Excellence
- York Business School is an accredited CMI provider, a PRMEsignatory and a member of Business in the Community which stands for responsible business providers
- York St John ranked 31 out of 122 institutions in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2017. (Source: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/news/student-experience-survey-2017-results)